V.8 - China!

5/30/10

Seishun Collection :(

 
PVcheap, outfits are crap (unique but still crap), dance is predictable, and as I've said about the song since day 1: Nanchatte + Genki Pika Pika = Seishun Collection Which is horrible.
Only reason I'm buying this is cause the covers are actually not that bad. Type A & RE are just awesome.
Probably to sell as good as Mikan we're gonna need wota like this guy:

I remember a few pics like this appearing. Everyone' (a term I'm using loosely) did do that, it was either team Love Nanchatte or team Love Kimagure. Overall it seemed like team Hate OGMNI. Myself was none because I liked all, I say stick to whatever is selling. If Nanchatte got sales like that keep up the kind of work, but make it slightly different. (Which can be seen by Shouganai & Nanchatte, both doing records for Musume in the recent years.) Because in the end the idol scene isn't just to please us fans it's for the girls to make earnings. Sure, they could enjoy their work and have fun but the hard facts are it's about making a living for yourself.

Not like I expected much, but the covers kinda gave a false hope. The PV concept was great just putting it together made it cheap and not that great to watch. I've listened to the song 20 times on repeat, and remember nothing from it except the intro. Not exactly the most memorable...

I like quality, alot of people only have known Musume from 2005+ (there is of course people who have longer). When I think the online H!P boom started, myself started in 2003 just before Kei's graduation and I have to say what music is being put out compared to then (I'm never talking sales here, only quality) is nothing. Absolutely nothing, adding the 5th gen so early was the downfall. From there we lost 3 key members (Kei, Maki, Nacchi) not to mention between HSW-Hyokkori Hyoutanjima was the most childish (sans Do it! Now) songs ever. No one complains there, and consider those some of the "best". After Do It! Now, Maki's last, you can clearly see the downward slump after each release, Kaori & Hitomi leaving even made it worse. Only things to spike it were "Kananshimi Twilight" & "Nanchatte Renai".

The last song I ever listened to and loved on first listen was AFOD, pretty much the 1-4 gen suffered as 5-8 came in. The unbalanced age was a big factor, Yuko looked so awkward in HSW, and Niigaki looked out of place in Do it! Now. :/ I think Tsunku should drop all pre-notions on how to produce music and do something completely 100% different than anything they've done and do a huge restart. Which was what basically happened with LOVE Machine, compare that to Morning Coffee. AKB48 hasn't done anything extremely in your face sexy (Seifuku Jama wo Suru doesn't count) but if leaving the "idol fun" idea behind there could be somthing. MAX is attempting it but doesn't have any promotion.

If they dropped everything did something unlike any other idol group, there could be a huge jump again. Like LOVE Machine! I'm wanting something like these:


No comments:

Post a Comment