V.8 - China!

7/10/10

Lotte Girls

The debut mini-album came out like a week or so ago, and I have to say it's not that bad. I actually bought this since listening. I know none of the member's names or nationalities or anything. All of them are easy on the eyes, the one 2nd from the right is kinda cute. I found it interesting that despite being formatted like a Kpop girl group chose Chinese (<3) to sing.

Track 1 is titled "1234" and starts with an easy intro, leading into slightly altered vocals and some catchy arrangement. My favorite. Then comes main track "Kiss Me" with the same repetitious and catchy lyrics, the video is somewhat annoying with altering scenes. Reminds me too much of T-ara's "Bo Peep Bo Peep" video, but shouldn't take away much from the song. Next hit's "Kuài Lè Bù Si Yì" sung in a chorus/group effort that wasn't as amazing, a basic ballad track really. Reminds me of some bullshit Morning Musume might release in China for a debut. Track 4's "Yòu Huò" decides to go back to the sexy sound, if not more than before. The Chinese sounds good here, the girl vocalizing at the end hits me as one of the better vocalists.

The group needs some work, but wasn't all as horrifying as my friend made it to be. Something to listen to on a playlist mixed with other similar type artists, but nothing to deathloop on your iPod. I will say though; I don't know if any of the girl aren't Chinese or native speakers or which one wouldn't be. But the Mandarin needs some work.

PS - The stupid fonts on the cover bother me. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment