V.8 - China!

7/6/10

This about sums it up

I think this short article written by someone on f(x) just about sums up why Amber is so popular (not like I have a problem with that :3)

"Amber - picked up by S.M. in Orange County - drew cheers with her fly dance moves and smooth rap skills. Displaying rhythm, flow and speed, the Chinese-American tomboy performed a bit of Fort Minor`s "Believe Me" and then showcased her ability to deftly splice her rap into the chorus to the group`s debut single, "LA chA TA."

Her low and brandied vocals, slick razor-edged bob and hip wardrobe are sure to attract boys who want to dress like her and girls who are going to crush on her.

When asked how she first started rapping, the 16-year-old girl group member, an admirer of rap artist Nas, answered: "Rap was originally a hobby of mine.
"

"girls who are going to crush on her. " I'll quote my friend on that "I may just have to go bi for her."

How interesting to see on non fan's perspective on her. Honestly I never viewed her as a tomboy, she reminded me alot of Yoshizawa Hitomi, who originally was to be promoted as a "cool intelligent beauty" but the song Mr. Moonlight changed that. More so I think it was people's opinion on her hair/rapping that associated her with the tomboy image. Though since the hair makeover she's lost that some. Either way she's pretty amazing, as all the members are.


I was watching RadioStar (think Utaban) from 06.23 (don't forget the epic llama thing previously) particularly when Amber got some time too talk she seemed so quiet. Then she sang "Loose Yourself" and I was like 0_0. WOW, pretty good. Not as phenomenal as e.via (for me). But then the hosts started picking on her math skills (I think? Or was it her korean?) she seemed so embarrassed. 9 x 8 = 27 lol. Her laugh made me smile. Youtube that show, Vic's epic stretchy leg skills were cool. Krys & Sulli's "Womanizer" dance was so cute <3 Luna also got picked  at a bit too. Most kpop groups to me don't seem variety material but f(x) pulled it off.

To that I applaud them *claps*
Also, kudos to the group for doing Chinese <3 and some English.

PS - I just realized I'm 14 days older than Amber. I don't feel like we're the same age, I feel so immature in comparison!

PPS/edit: On the NU ABO comeback stage (05.07 KBS Music Bank) , did anyone hear Amber's mess up?  She mixed the lyrics with the line after, XD Probably nervous. Youtube it at 2:59-3:04

No comments:

Post a Comment