V.8 - China!

6/21/10

Here' comes a bitch rant, I kinda contradict myself on my ideas. But there's exceptions to it.

Why is it when a FLAC version of something has been posted and someone complains about no MP3 version? I recommend you Google "FLAC to MP3 converter" some freeware is around. Lazy lazy lazy, when I do it myself on a release I like, just know I didn't have to share that. I could have kept it to myself, no one has to upload anything for anyone else. I've only recently been sharing dvd rips of ISOs I had that haven't been in DRIP format yet, or worse quality. I say either you buy it yourself or shut-up. If you want absolutely lossless anything set to your standards (that are ridiculous) you need to buy it yourself. I think asking for a FLAC rip with .cue and log are ok, but asking for it to be done in a a specific program or to your settings is wrong.  I bought many old H!P CDs, that were 128 or less, most have at least 192 rips around now because complaining about it got me no where. If you really want something that bad buy it, unless OOP or impossible to find (in that case what makes you think any one would have it to begin with?).

If someone does take a FLAC into MP3 and chooses not to make it 320 and instead does 256/192 I don't see why to complain either; like I said Google it. They're only sharing out of kindness which they didn't have to do. The only thing I ever complain about in a rip is a transcode. Some people can't hear a difference in transcode/192/320,etc I can hear transcodes pretty well sometimes. But it really depends on the settings used, a badly done transcode I can spot without nice headphones. Sometimes I have to listen to it really closely to hear a "fuzz" over the audio, if you play them side by side a FLAC its noticeable the most. I'll be honest I couldn't spot them until I got some decent headphones that weren't bought at WalMart and learned more about spotting them.

So a small lesson here:
FLAC / lossless format = ultimate
320 = next greatest way to hear
V0 = about as nice as 320 but lacks
V5 = just under V0 and almost as great
256 = good
V4, V3, = see V5
192 = decent better than 128
V2, V1 = Start lacking and sound like 128
Under 128 = utter shit

Well, thats my opinion on MP3s, probably will piss off a few music junkies/ lossless geeks.
Oh my headphones:
"A quieter listening experience, combined with Bose quality sound, can reveal nuances in your music you never noticed before." Lol, how ironic I found that where got the pic from.

No comments:

Post a Comment