V.8 - China!

6/16/10

I sense a pattern


S/mileage's debut single hit #5 with 20,438 sold and has sold so far ~24k
Mano's debut single hit #5 with 20,812 sold and went on to sell ~25k
What irks me is it seems more work is being put into S/mileage. Mano's debut was promoted on TV ONE time on Music Fighter. S/mileage has performed MANY times now and counting. A nifty little copy & paste list:
  1. [2010.05.27] PON!
  2. [2010.06.07] Oguma no Beabeya
  3. [2010.05.22] MelodiX
  4. [2010.05.22] Music on Saturday
  5. [2010.05.23] BJ League
  6. [2010.05.28] WEST WIND
  7. [2010.05.30] MUSIC JAPAN
  8. [2010.06.04] Happy Music 
To be fair I checked Mano's newest singles' TV promotion. I found NONE, I checked around NONE. Only thing was the Oricon PV release on the website. Was that song actually expected to sell? Or were they just having her spit out releases until she folds in on herself? (See: Biyuuden) I think Mano released too much in 2009, she had a single almost every 2-3 months. Her sales have taken a Biyuuden route and after the initial first few releases have fallen smaller and smaller with each one. "Hajimete" has 3 TV perfs, "Sekai' has 2, "Kono Mune" NONE, "Love&Peace" 1 perf, "Haru" NONE.




I'll admit since Mano put out "Hajimete", "Sekai", "Love&Peace" I've been ignoring her. I want the original ballads we were getting in the beginning. "Otome" was a complete false advertisement for me, I thought she'd be the new Nacchi and do mature music an a few upbeats now and then. When "Kono Mune" came out I thought someone had seen the pattern that was going to happen and try her ballad sound to see if anything changed. It was her highest selling first week since "Hajimete", highest charting since "Hajimete" and highest selling since "Sekai". "Haru" is the closest thing to a ballad, and it was an amazing song despite not  being a full blown one. I still thought it was catchy whereas "Onegai" bored the crap out of me, and Mano being auto-tuned sounded scary. She just sounded freaky in the beginning, the PV was shit. After seeing all her PV, generally she has a cheap feel to them but "Onegai' put a nail in the coffin for failing PVs. "Haru" was a step up kinda, but "Onegai" took the whole close up in basic background thing and just re-did it for a second single.


I'm so disappointed in the fact that Mano is no longer even being promoted. All the promotion went to S/mileage it seems. Same for C-ute & Musume, Berryz seems to get a fair amount plus anime tie ins. If all that promo that went into it like Musume's "Nanchatte" and came out with some good sales (better than we've seen) it could hold some promise in it, but not much. I just wish something could change in the promotion department, anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment